We have tried to provide all the information you will need before you come into hospital, while you are in hospital, and before you go home. If you have been admitted on an emergency rather than a planned basis, some of the following information, such as admission procedures, will not apply to you.
We hope that you will still find most of the information useful. For any further queries please feel free to contact us
All patients receive care and treatment based on the best and most recent advancements in healthcare. As an inpatient, you will have a team working together to assure that you receive the finest care available. You and your family members are the most important part of this team.
We encourage you to ask questions and offer your opinions in your treatment and care. If you have any concerns about your care, we encourage you to contact your Doctor or nurse.
BEFORE COMING TO THE HOSPITAL
- If you have a query, please feel free to call at our Call Centre at 23548888 or on our Toll free number – 1600 33 1066 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- In case of an emergency, just dial 1066
- Please bring your old medical records, if you registered before.
- Storage space is very limited so please don’t bring much luggage with you.
HOW TO REACH?
- The hospital is a 45 minute drive from the airport, 30 minutes drive from the railway station and 20 minutes drive from the central bus station.
- You can use the public transport (Bus from Secunderabad Railway Station 47 Y and Nampally Railway Station- 127 J) to reach the hospital
- Parking areas are available in the hospital round the clock.
- On arrival at the hospital, wheelchair or a stretcher will be provided, if required.
- Lifts are available for your convenience.
HOW TO DRESS
- Informal and comfortable clothing are appropriate for your visit to the hospital.
KNOW YOUR HOSPITAL
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad is the second in the chain of the Apollo Group of Hospitals. The Hospital is a 350 bedded unit situated on a scenic 30 acre campus. It has more than 50 specialties with some of the best doctors in the country. The main hospital consists of 4 floors excluding the basement and ground floor. The layout is as follows.
- Blood Bank
- Labs (Microbiology, Histopathology, Biochemistry and Hematology)
- Hospital Information Management (Medical Records)
- Information Technology
- Guest Dining Hall
- Kitchen / pantry
- Medical Social Worker
- Emergency Room
- Ambulance Service
- Registration and Admission
- IP / OP Billing
- 24 Hour Pharmacy
Master Health Check-up Ophthalmology Block
- Sample collection
- Report collection
- Radiology (CT Scan, MRI, X-Ray, Ultrasound)
- Consultant Rooms
- Offices of the Executive Director, President – Public Relations, Vice-president – Medical Services and Medical Superintendent
- Evening Clinic
- Operation theatre complex
- Intensive care units (SICU, Neuro ICU, CT Post, Neonatal Unit, PICU)
- Nephrology Unit (Dialysis and KTU)
- Patient Rooms (101 -143)
- Room 142 – Lithotripsy
- Super Deluxe Suites
- Office of General Manager – Operations
- Patient Rooms (201 – 243)
- Nursing Superintendent’s Office
- CCT Ward
- Patient Rooms (301 -343)
- Conference Hall
- Biomedical Department
- Apollo Cancer Hospital, CICU, Cath-lab, T-Ward, Patient Rooms (260 – 265), Cardiology, Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Ward
- Apollo School of Nursing, Hospital Administration, School of Physiotherapy
- Guest House
- Administrative Block
PET CT SCAN CENTRE is located adjacent to the Cancer Block. PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography) enables physicians to determine exactly where a cancerous tumor is located, how far it has spread, and whether therapies being used are performing as expected. It is also extremely useful in the diagnosis and management of cardiac and neurological diseases.
For Appointments, please. Call Center No 040-60601066, Toll No – 1860 500 1066.
If you are visiting Apollo for the first time, you need to get a one-time registration done for a nominal fee (which is a life time registration). To register kindly fill up the ‘Initial Patient Record’; and furnish all the data accurately. The cash can be deposited at the Registration Counter. You will be issued a Unique Health Identity Number (UHID) and your hospital file will be made.
On arrival at the Hospital, you will be requested to answer many queries posed by our admission personnel. This information is necessary and we appreciate your cooperation. The facts that you provide will enable us to handle your case with better understanding. Also, you are requested to give the correct information, as this may help you in case of insurance etc. An initial deposit will have to be paid at the time of Admission for which a receipt will be issued to you. You will be given an attendant pass for your attendant.
The different categories of room / bed available in the Hospital are:
- Male General Ward (Non A/C.)
- Female Ward (T-Ward) (A/C)
- Semi-private Room (A/C)
- Single Room (A/C)
- Deluxe Room (A/C)
- Super Deluxe Suite (A/C)
Bed or room is allotted depending on your choice and the availability. Sometimes you may have to wait for a short time till the room of your choice gets ready. Please bear with us for any inconvenience.
Consent to treatment
While you are in hospital, doctors will explain any proposed treatment, to help you decide whether to agree to it. We must by law obtain your written consent to any operation and many other procedures (including investigations). There are Duty Doctors on each floor who will explain the risks, benefits and any alternatives.
You will then be asked to sign a consent form. If you are unsure about any aspect of the treatment proposed, please ask to speak to a senior member of staff. Some procedures do not require formal written consent, but staff will explain all the risks, benefits and alternatives before asking for your verbal consent.
During your stay you might have to undergo various tests to find out more about your condition.
The ward staff will arrange your tests at a convenient time. Information leaflets are available about the tests.
Whenever you come to hospital, we will need to ask you for information that is relevant to your care. Please tell staff if you:
- Have an allergy, such as specific medicines or foods
- Have been taking any medicines
- Have any valuables or money to be stored away
1.Food and Beverages
- The Diet is an integral part of your medication. Therefore food from outside sources is discouraged. Our dieticians, in association with your doctor, will assess your diet needs. You are advised to follow the diet instructions specified by them for a speedy recovery.
- You will be given a choice of Indian, and Continental cuisines. Religious, sentiments of the patients will be considered while deciding on the diets. Kindly inform the dietician of the same. Our service timings are
- Morning tea / beverage 6.45 am – 7.30 am
- Breakfast 7.45 am – 8.30 am
- Lunch 12.30 pm – 1.30 pm
- Evening Tea 4.00 pm – 5.00 pm
- Dinner 7.30 pm – 8.30 pm
- All attendants can avail their meals either in the dining hall or in the rooms by ordering on 3004
- Please feel free to discuss any doubts regarding your diet with our dietician.
- Once a diet has been designed for your specific needs we do not advocate any change in quantity or otherwise, as it may prove detrimental to your health.
- For diet counseling you can contact us on intercom No. 2207 between 8-00 am and 4-00 pm.
- Housekeeping Department will look after the cleanliness of your room. Your room will be cleaned twice a day by the housekeepers.
- Hot water is supplied every morning between 6-00 am and 8-30 am in all rooms.
- As water is in short supply, kindly ensure minimum wastage.
- The housekeeping desk can be contacted at intercom No. 2206 for drinking water, change of linen, additional cleaning etc.
- Newspapers will be provided in patients rooms.
- In rooms having air conditioning ducts kindly keep your windows closed especially during summer.
- Kindly avoid flushing any material like cotton bandages sanitary napkins etc., in the toilets.
We solicit your cooperation and support in keeping your hospital clean. You are requested not chew paan/betel nut/smoke or consume alcohol in the hospital premises. Please do not dispose waste/rubbish anywhere except into the bins provided for the purpose. Help us in making this hospital an environment friendly zone.
3.Stay for Attendants
One attendant is allowed per patient in the room/ward. After visiting hours (10.30 am to 11.30 & 5 pm to 7 pm) it is mandatory carry the pass issued at the time of admission. The attendant should vacate the room/ward, when the patient is shifted to OT/ICU.
Double occupancy: When the patient is shifted to ICU and the room is retained by the attendants, the rent for that room will also be charged. This however is allowed subject to the availability of rooms.
In case there is more than one attendant, the guest house/Choultry facilities located in the hospital campus can be made use of.
4.Guest Room Service
The attendants of general ward/deluxe/super deluxe room can avail the guest room service (intercom no. 3004). A la carte menu is available for the attendants. Personal need items like soap, toothpaste, sanitary napkins etc., can be ordered on payment.
Hospital cafeteria & café: Your visitors can buy meals and refreshments in the hospital cafeteria on the ground floor of the main building. However, they can also have food at the guest dining hall located in the basement of the hospital or can order from the room itself.
- Single / Deluxe / Super Deluxe rooms are provided with television cable TV connections. There is a choice of programs of various languages.
- Music facility is also available in all rooms except general ward.
- 24 hours pharmacy located in the ground floor.
- STD calls can be done from the rooms where telephones have been provided, on extra charges. Local calls are charged at the rate of Rs. 5/- per call and the duration of the call is three minutes.
- Conference facility is available by dialing 6334.
- Fax facility available on extra charge.
- Xerox facility
- Guest laundry service is also available on extra payment.
- Florist shop is located in the ground floor.
- Locker facility for depositing valuables /cash is available at the security office. Hospital authorities are not responsible for loss of any valuables in the room / ward.
- Andhra Bank is adjacent to the hospital. UTI Bank’s ATM is at the main gate of hospital premises.
Trained Medical social workers will counsel the patients requiring psychological and emotional support and arrange financial aid for the needy patients. (Intercom: 4459)
We know this may be a time when you want to be with your loved one as much as possible.
Visiting Hours are as Follows:
- Morning 10.30 am to 11.30 am
- Evening 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm
- Visitors are strictly prohibited in ICUs, and the Nephrology unit. Please remember that other patients may be wishing to rest or sleep during visiting hours. It is important for your visitors to be considerate towards other patients while they are visiting. You are requested to restrict the number of visitors.
- Too many visitors could increase infection in the ward/room. This also puts an additional burden on our housekeeping staff and other services.
- Children below the age of 12 yrs. are prohibited as visitors.
- To ensure rest and quiet, we ask that patients receive no more than two visitors at a time. Please keep conversation and activities in the hallway short. Being quiet outside the patient rooms is important to ensure the comfort of our patients and families. We thank you for your assistance in maintaining a peaceful environment.
- We honor privacy requests for as long as our patients need them. If your loved one has requested to not be seen and this is difficult for you, please ask our staff members for support.
- Financial arrangement for your hospital stay should be made prior to your admission. Please ask your doctor to give you an estimate based on the treatment and the duration of the stay expected.
- You will have to pay an initial deposit at the time of admission depending on the category.
- In case you are being admitted for any surgery you will have to pay the entire amount at the time of admission.
- Subsequent deposits will be intimated to you from time to time depending on your treatment. Please ensure to pay within 24 hours to avoid any inconvenience.
- Room rents are charged on 24 hrs. basis & it includes diet for patients.
- Service charges are levied on room rents, hospital services, all diagnostic facilities and F&B.
- We accept cash/traveller’s cheques/all Credit cards (Master/Visa) DDs drawn in favour of M/s. Apollo Hospitals Hyderabad.
- All payment should be made only at the Billing Department.
- Please contact the Billing Manager for any clarifications.
- When your doctor feels that you are able to go home he will inform you and indicate this in your medical records.
- The Ward Secretary will inform you when your final bill is ready. You will have to go to In-patient billing department located in the ground floor to settle the bill.
- The Billing Department will give you a discharge intimation slip on your settling the bill.
- A copy of the discharge intimation slip has to be submitted to the Ward Secretary who will then give you your discharge summary and investigation reports. The entire discharge process takes minimum 3 to 4 hours. So please plan your departure accordingly.
- In case, you require wheel chair/stretcher/ambulances service, please inform the Ward secretary of the same.
- Please vacate the room at the earliest as the facilities will be required by the other patients.
Going home is a happy time for you, so remember:
- Have you checked the wardrobe, bedside furniture & bathroom for personal items?
- Have you received prescriptions from your doctor and do you understand the instructions?
- Have you booked a follow-up appointment with your doctor / surgeon?
- Have you returned the attendant pass at the Inpatient Cash counter?
- Have you returned your feedback from with suggestions to the ward secretary?
- Travel Desk
For the travel needs of patients, Sindoori Travels is operating a Travel Desk in the main lobby of the Hospital. For all domestic, international air ticketing, Visas, Passports and Railway reservations contact:
Miss Manju Masih Phone : 23607777, Extn : 4450
Mr. Raj Kumar Mobile No : 56270154
Ms. Avanti Reddy Cell : 98480-17277