- Name Dr Sanjai Addla
- Specialization Urologist
- e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
- Qualifications MBBS, MRCS, MD, CCT in Urology, FRCS (Urol), Fellowship in Uro-Oncology
Awards and Achievements
ACADEMIC PRIZES AND ACHEIVEMENTS:
- Invited to the British Parliament discussion on access to Robotic surgery in 2015.
- Runners up in the Team of the year award from Bradford teaching hospitals for the year 2015.
- Established North of England Robotic Urological Surgeons (NERUS) group for sharing good practise and for collaboration on data sharing between the centres in 2014.
- Principle surgeon in the first team in the North of England to undertake Robotic radical cystectomy and intracorporeal neobladder in Dec 2012
- Clinical excellence award in 2012, 2013, 2014 from Bradford teaching hospitals NHS foundation trust.
- Best poster presentation for the session during 26th Annual EAU Congress, Vienna, 2011
- Best poster presentation for the session during 22nd Annual EAU Congress, Berlin, 2007
- Best poster presentation for the session during 21st Annual EAU Congress, Paris, 2006
- Best poster presentation for the session during 20th Annual EAU Congress, Istanbul, 2005
- Best poster presentation for the session during 19th Annual EAU Congress, Vienna, 2004
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FUNDING APPLICATIONS:
- The Urological foundation robotic preceptorship of £18000 for advanced Robotic training in Nashville, Teenneesse, USA in November 2013
- Successful in getting a grant of £200,000 for Robotic programme in Bradford teaching hospitals from Sovereign Health care in April 2012
- Successful in getting a grant of £600,000 for Robotic programme in Bradford teaching hospitals from BTHFT charity fund in March 2012
- EUSP Clinical fellowship, 2008
- The IPSEN fund training award, 2008
- BUF Clinical visit award, 2008
- BUF Blackwell Publishing/ Sackler Foundation Scholarship for the year 2005-06
Research and Publications
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Local Anaesthetic for Transrectal Ultrasound-Guided Prostate Biopsy: a prospective, randomised, double blind, placebo-controlled study.SK Addla, AAB Adeyoju, GD Wemyss-Holden, D Neilson European Urology,2003,43,5,441-443
- Diclofenac for Treatment of Nocturia caused by Nocturnal Polyuria: A Prospective, Randomised, Double-Blind placebo controlled crossover study. SK Addla, AB Adeyoju, D Neilson, P O’Reilly European Urology, 2006,49,720-726
- Histological outcome of delayed orchidectomy following primary chemotherapy for metastatic germ cell tumour of the testis Ramani V, Grey B, Addla SK, Dunham M, Sangar V, Clarke N ClinOncol (R CollRadiol). 2008 Apr;20(3):247-52.
- A simple aid to improve patient positioning during Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Addla SK, Rajpal S, Sutcliffe N, Adeyoju A Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2008 Jul;90(5):433-4.
- Characterization of the Hoechst 33342 side population from normal and malignant human renal epithelial cells.Addla SK, Hart C, Ramani V, Brown M, Clarke N Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008 Sep; 295(3):F680-7.
- Phytotherapy in Chronic prostatitis MC. Goris, TRoumeguere, SK Addla, CC. Schulman and BDjavan Current Prostate Reports. 2009 Feb; 7(1): 39-43.
- Hoechst 33342 side population identification is a conserved and unified mechanism in urological cancers Oates JE, Grey BR, Addla SK, Samuel JD, Hart CA,Ramani V, Brown MD, Clarke NW.Stem Cells Dev. 2009 Dec;18(10):1515-22
- Avoid cruising on the Uroflowmeter – Evaluation of cruising artefact on spinning disc flowmeter in an experimental setup Addla SK,Marri RR, Daayana SL, Irwin PP NeurourolUrodyn. 2010 Sep;29(7):1301-5
- Localising Prostate Cancer: Comparison of Endorectal Magnetic Resonance (MR) Imaging and 3D-MR Spectroscopic Imaging with Transrectal Ultrasound guided biopsy.
- GorisGbenou MC, Peltier A, Addla SK, Lemort M, Bollens R, Larsimont D, Roumeguere T, Schulman CC, van Velthoven R.Urol Int. 2012;88(1):12-7
- Comparison of open and robotic nephron sparing surgery C Jelley, R Singh, H Bardgett, SK Addla Accepted for publication in Journal of Clinical urology, July 2016
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS:
- Title of the Chapter: Trends in Prostate Cancer Screening – Overview of Europe Authors: SK Addla, B Djavan Title: Prostate cancer screening 2nd Edition Editors: I Thompson, D Ankerst, C Tangen Details: 2nd Edition, 2009, 35-51, Humana Press Inc, Totowa, NJ, USA
- Title of the Chapter: Intestinal and Urological Stomas: Surgical aspects Authors: A Jadav, NW Clarke, SKAddla, G Carlson Title: Abdominal Stomas and Their Skin Disorders Editors: CC Lyon, AJ Smith Details: 2nd Edition, 2009, Martin Dunitz Ltd, London, UK
- Title of Chapter: Introduction to PLAB and General surgical topics Authors: H Kaukuntla, SL Daayana, SK Addla Title: Plab Hand Book Part 2 Details: 3rd Edition, 2006, 1, 1-30, Paras Medical Books, Hyderabad, India
- Title: Resuscitation and Mannequin Authors: H Kaukuntla, N Shah, SK Addla, SL Daayana, K Henshall Title: Birmingham PLAB course-Teaching DVD for PLAB-2 (OSCE)Details: Birmingham PLAB course in association with South Manchester University Hospital NHS trust, UK
- Presently Working in Apollo Hospitals, Jublee Hills, Hyderabad
- Consultant Urological cancer surgeon and Head of Robotic cancer surgery Bradford Teaching hospitals, Bradford, UK 2009-2016
- Post CCT Fellowship in Urological cancer surgery Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK 2009
- Urological Higher surgical training Manchester, UK 2001-2008
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Post CCT fellowship in Uro-oncology Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK June 2009
- Fellowship in Laparoscopy Erasme Hospital, Brussels, Belgium June 2008
- British Association of urological surgeons
- European Association of Urologists
- Robotic and open surgery for all Urological cancer with specialist interest in Kidney, Bladder and Prostate cancer surgery.
- CCT in Urology Higher surgical training, UK May 2009
- MD University of Manchester Oct 2010
- FRCS (Urol) Intercollegiate Exam June 2007
- MRCS (General Surgery)RCS England June 2000
- MBBS APUHS,India June 1997