- Name Dr.Rooma Sinha
- Specialization MBBS ; MD, DNB, MNAMS
- Gynecologist, Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeon, Urogynecologist
- e-mail ID email@example.com
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
Awards and Achievements
- Honored with the award as “Legend of the year in Gynecology” by Times Health Care Achievers in 2017. Only gynecologist to receive this award
- Excellence in the field of medicine by FICCI – 2014
- FIGO FELLOWSHIP(2000) Washington DC & at Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester, NY, USA
- AOFOG Shan Ratnam-Young Gynecologist Award-2002
- KaminiRaoYuva Oration-2004
- Vasant Shahben Scholarship for overseas studies-2005Melbourne Australia for UROGYNECOLOGY
- Seven Distinctions in MBBS- Biochemistry, Physiology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Preventive and Social Medicine, and Surgery.
- University Gold Medals in Pathology and Preventive and Social Medicine
- Distinction in Medical Professional Exams
- Several distinction at St Xavier’s School Bokaro Steel City -Best Influence award, DUX of the school, Vice Captain of the school. In addition she topped her 12th ISC exam in the school.
Some prestigious lectures delivered Internationally
- First State University of Moscow- Role of Minimally invasive surgery in fertility enhancement, 2016
- Robotic assisted Myomectomy & Laparoscopic Myomectomy- A comparison Study- at Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons, Boston, 2016
- Hybrid Myomectomy- A series of 21 cases at Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons (SLS) Boston 2016
- Comparison of Robotic Myomectomy with laparoscopic Assisted myomectomy- NESA; Berlin 2015
- Role Of Minimally Invasive Surgery In Gynecology FIJI; 2014
- Robotic surgery in gynecology- is it here to stay? CME Nairobi 2013
- Mesh in prolapse- Do we really need it? Dublin IUGA Pan Asia Meet 2013
- Is Urodynamicsessential for prolapse surgery, Nice, FranceIUGA 2015
- Influence of pelvic organ prolapse and prior hysterectomy on symptoms in women presenting to a urogynecology clinic at a tertiary care hospital? ?at IUGA TOROTO 2010
- Outcome of transobturator tapes in SUI due to ISD- IUGA Cancun, Mexico, 2007.
Research and Publications
- Sinha Ret al. A Comparison of Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Myomectomy (RALM)With Laparoscopic-Assisted Myomectomy (LAM).J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2015 Nov-Dec;22(6S):S71.
- Sinha R et al. Robotic Surgery for Endometriosis- Is it the way forward. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2016, 6, 93-102
- Sinha R et al. Robotic Myomectomy- Tips and Tricks in Robotic Myomectomy, Apollo Medical Journal (AMJ); September 2014, Volume 11, Issue 3, 174-178.
- Sinha S, Sinha R. Excision of urethral diverticulumin a 24 year old woman. Indian J Urol 2015;31:75-6.
- Sinha R, Madhumati S, Rupa B, Kumari S. Robotic surgery in gynecology. J Min Access Surg 2015;11:50-9.
- Sinha R, et al Robotic hysterectomy: A review of indications,technique, outcome, and complications; Apollo Medicine, 12(2015) 91-99.
- GUEST EDITOR – APOLLO MEDICAL JOURNAL September 2012.
- Sinha R. Management of endometriosis. Apollo Med 2012: 9; 279
- Sinha R. Management of ovarian masses- clinical situations and recommendations. Apollo Med 2012: 10; 270-275
- Sinha R. Chronic pelvic pain caused by ovaries and ovarian remnants. British J ObstetGynaecol 1995; 102: 935-938.
- Robotic Myomectomy- Principles & Technique- A practical approach to Robotic Surgery Editor- AjitSaxenaJaypee brothers
- Robotic Surgery in Endometriosis- Is the Game Changer?-Editor Prof LeiosileMettler, in publication
- Sinha S, Sinha R. Choice of surgery for stress urinary incontinence. In: Trivedi P, Rane A (eds). Understanding female urinary incontinence. FOGSI Publication. Mumbai, 2013,129-136
- Sinha Rooma, Jyothsna B- Optimal route of hysterectomy. Update in obstetrics &gynecocogy2011’ Paras publications
- Sinha R, Pratibha D- Choosing the right contraception. Update In Obstetrics &Gynecocogy 2011’ Paras publications
- Sinha R, Sinha S. Surgical concepts in SUI surgery. Jaypee Brothers publications; 2009
- EDITED A TEXTBOOK ON UPDATE IN OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY, 2011
- Presented over 50 papers and given over 75 lectures in various national and international conferences. She has also been a teaching faculty in various operating workshops for laparoscopic, hysteroscopic, Robotic and vaginal surgery.
- Was invited At EmTech INDIA, jointly organized by MIT Technology Review and Hindustan Times- to speak on “Reshaping the Future of surgery”, 2016.
- Practising in the field of Gynecology for over 23 years, she is a Senior Consultant and Minimal Access and Robotic Surgeon at Apollo Health City in Hyderabad, India. She is a dediacted teacher and is Honorary Associate Professors, teaching and training young gynecologists both from India & Abroad.
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- IUGA- International Urogynecological Association
- FIGO- International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- AOFOG Asia & Oceania Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- FOGSI- Federation Obstetrics and Gynecological societies of India
- OGSH – Obstetrics and Gynecological Society of Hyderabad
- IAGE- Indian association of Gynaecological Endoscopists
- ISOPARB – Indian Society Of Perinatology And Reproductive Biology
- IMA – Indian Medical Association
- IMS- Indian Menopausal Society
- National Association for Voluntary Sterilisation & Family Welfare of India
TRAININGS (INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS)
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery
- Her areas of interest are MINIMALLY INVASIVE GYNECOLOGY
- (Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, Robotic surgery),
- UROGYNECOLOGY (urinary incontinence, prolapse and pelvic floor problems).
- Dr Rooma Sinha has over 23 years of expeience in treating and counseling women with various gynecological problems. She started with brillinat academic carrer both at school and medical institute and addionally had fellowhisps in Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester and Providence Hospital, Detroit in United Stares of America and Melbourne in Australia to enhance her skills.
- She is one of the surgeons with maximum experience in Robotic surgery for gynecological problems in India at present. Honoured as a “Legend in Gynecology” in 2017, she is popular with both interantional as well as women from all over India.
- Conditions treated by Dr Rooma Sinha are – Endometriosis, Fibroids, Abnormal Bleeding, Infetility, Hysterectomy, Myomectomy, Ovarian Cysts, Ectopic Pregnancy, Uterine prolapse, urinary incontinence in women (bladder control problems)