- Name Dr.Rooma Sinha
- Specialization MBBS ; MD, DNB, MNAMS
- Gynecologist, Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeon, Urogynecologist
- e-mail ID email@example.com
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
She is a practicing Senior Consultant Gynecologist, Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgeon for the last 20 years. After completing her MD from Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi in 1993, she was awarded Diplomate National Board (DNB) in 1994. Selected as Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS) in 1999 and Member of Indian College of Obstetrics & Gynecology (MICOG) in 2004. As a special interest she has done post graduate diploma in Medico-legal systems from Symboisis, Pune in 2003.
She received Clinical training in LAPAROSCOPIC GYNECOLOGY at Chennai in 1997 and Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester USA in 2000. She underwent fellowship in Urogynecology at Mercy Hospital, Melbourne Australia in 2005. Now trained in ROBOTIC surgery since 2012, She visited Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit for gynecological robotic surgeries. Her areas of interest are MINIMALLY INVASIVE GYNECOLOGY (Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, Robotic surgery), UROGYNECOLOGY (urinary incontinence, prolapse and pelvic floor problems).
She specializes in Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Myomectomy with robotic assistance, Stress incontinence surgery, Endometriosis surgery, Repair of pelvic floor defects and prolapse uterus. Have country’s largest experience in Robotic assisted laparoscopic myomectomy surgery.
Clinical Achievements (Recent)
1. LECTURES DELIVERED IN MEDICAL CONFERENCES
- IMA Warangal- ROBOTIC SURGERY in Gynecology- Is it here to stay?
- ISOPARB Hyderabad- HOMOCYSTENEMIA in Menopause
- SVS Medical College- Mahboobnagar- URINARY INCONTINENCE in women (Post Graduate class)
- SVS Medical College- Mahboobnagar- ROBOTIC MYOMECTOMY
- DVT Conclave Hyderabad- DVT IN WOMEN
- Critical care conference Hyderabad- MEDICAL EMERGENCIES IN PREGNANT WOMEN
- CME Female Urology Sholapur- CONCOMITANT SURGERY FOR SUI & PROLAPSE
- CME Female Urology Sholapur- MANAGEMENT OF INTRAOPERATIVE INJURY IN GYNECOLOGICAL SURGERIES
- Day Care conference Hyderabad- GYNECOLOGICAL SURGERIES IN DAY CARE
- AICOG 2013- Uro-gynecology workshop- COLPOCLESIS 10 steps video presentation
2. GUEST EDITOR OF APOLLO MEDICAL JOURNAL
- Issue on Recent Advances Obstetrics & Gynecology September 2012 issue
3. Contributed article on Management of ENDOMETRIOSIS in APOLLO MEDICAL JOURNAL
4. CME for AMJ Sept 2012- MANAGEMENT OF OVARIAN MASSES- CLINICAL SITUATIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS
5. LECTURES FOR PUBLIC IN VARIOUS ORGANISATIONS
- Mahindra Satyam
- Qualcom Technologies
- CA technologies
- J P Morgan
- Rockwell Collins
SPECIAL CLINICAL SERVICES ADDED TO DEPARTMENT
- MINIMALLY INVASIVE GYNECOLOGY has been the focus last year. This includes ALL Gynecological surgery done with Laparoscopy or Hysteroscopy without the need to make open incisions thus helping patients recover faster with less lapin & Morbidity.
- In advancement to the same concept we now offer ROBOTIC SURGERY BY DA VINCI SI SURGICAL SYATEM For all types of gynecological surgery (HYSTERECTOMY, MYOMECTOMY, ENDOMETRIOSIS CYSTS SUERGERY, SURGERIES FOR INFERTILITY)
- UROGYNECOLOGY SERVICES– Evaluation & Management of Urinary Incontinence in women including URODYNAMICS, SURGERIES for Uterine Prolapse, Cystocele, Rectocele, TVT/ TOT for STRESS URINARY INCOMTINENCE
Conferences / Courses
Awards and Recognitions
- She was awarded the prestigious FIGO fellowship in the year 2000 for her paper ‘Vaginal Hysterectomy for the Undescended Uterus (NDVH) – Analysis of Factors Predicting Feasibility’.
- Best paper award at the North Zone Young FOGSI Conference at Agra 2001.
- AOFOG young gynecologist award to attend the Asia Oceania Federation Conference 2002 to present work on HYSTEROSCOPY.
- Kamini Rao Oration 2004 -“Laparoscopic management of adnexal masses”
- Vasant Shahben Scholarship to Melbourne Australia in 2005
- Invited to IUGA conference at Cancun, Mexico 2007 and presented a paper on “ Outcome of transobturator tapes in SUI due to ISD”
- Organised India’s first Cadaver workshop on Pelvic reconstructive surgery March 2006 at Hyderabad
- Presented a paper on “Optimal approach to hysterectomy in Obese women” at AOFOG Seoul, September 2005
- Delivered two lectures on “Rectus Fascia Sling for Incontinence” and “How to choose the route of hysterectomy in DUB” at Asian congress on Controversies in Obstetrics, Gynecology and infertility at Bangkok, November 2004.