- Name Dr. Ratna Rao
- Specialization Microbiology
- e-mail ID email@example.com
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
- Qualifications MBBS ; MD (Microbiology)
Summary of Profile
- Consultant Microbiologist, Apollo Hospitals
- Visiting Scientist to Johns Hopkins Baltimore for three months 1993
- Registrar JIPMER 1986-87
Participation in Clinical Trials
- A global program – antibiotic longitudinal surveillance program to trace antimicrobial resistance trends on a global scale using reference quality quantitative antimicrobial susceptibility testing methods performing in a central laboratory
- Survey of the antibiotic susceptibility of S. pneumonia
- An open-label, non-comparative, multi-centre, post-marketing surveillance study.
- Member of Technical committee for Accrditation of Clinical Labortories in India,constituted by Dept.of Science and Technology,Govt.of India.
- Member of Biosafety Committee of CCMB.
- Presidents Gold Medal for best Intern
Papers & Publications
- Health Care Associated Infection Control Manual – 2006
- Presence in India of HIV type I similar to N. Anemicrican strains – AIDS RESEARCH AND HUMAN RETROVIRUSE Vol 10, No. 8. 1994. P. BHASKER S.C. RAM, RATNA RAO, T. QUIN, BOLLINGER, JOHN HOPKINS BALTIMORE.
- PCR for TB – Paper Presented at – Third Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine Oct 14-15 1995, at Hotel Baskara Palace, Hyderabad – Dr. Ratna Rao.
- Poster on “Evidence for Presence on N. American type HIV-I in Hyderabad India” A. IX International Conference on AIDS Yockohama 7-12 August 1994 – Dr. Ratna Rao.
- Track on AIDS – National Conference of Sexually Transmitted Diseases at Hyderabad, Krishna Oberai, Feb 1995 – Dr. Ratna Rao.
- “Reactions of HIV Seropositive Patients Analysis” Poster accepted for IX International Conference on AIDS at Berlin, Germany, May 1993 – Dr. Ratna Rao.