- Name Dr.Ramesh Srinivasan
- e-mail ID email@example.com
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
Specialization : Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology Interventional Endoscopist and Liver transplant physician.
Previous Appointment: Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist Alderhey Children’s Foundation NHS Trust & Hon Senior Lecturer, Institute of Child Health, University of Liverpool, UK
- MBBS Jan 1995 University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- M.D Jul 1998 Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India.
- MRCP (UK) Jul 2000 Edinburgh, Scotland, Royal College of Physicians (UK).
- DCH Jun 2001 London, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- FRCPCH June 2010 Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- UK CCT (Board certification) Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition 2009
Areas of Practice
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology in children,
- Endoscopy, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy insertion and exchange,
- Variceal Band Ligation, Ileo Colonoscopy , Polypectomy , Foreign body removal, ERCP,
- Intraoperative endoscopy, Oesophageal dilatation, Capsule endoscopy, GI Physiology
- Liver Biopsy, Transplant and Non Transplant Hepatology , Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition .
Peer Revieved Publications
- French H, Mark Dalzell A, Srinivasan R, El-Matary W. Relapse rate following azathioprine withdrawal in maintaining remission for Crohn’s disease: a meta-analysis. Dig Dis Sci. 2011 Jul;56(7):1929-36.
- Srinivasan R, Irvine T, Dalzell AM. “Traction Removal of Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy in Children”. Digestive diseases and sciences.2010. (55), 2874-2877.
- Irvine T, Srinivasan R, Casson DH, Auth M, Crook K, Gregg A, Rhodes J, Kneebone A, Dalzell AM. Assessing the value of a pre-transfer meeting in IBD transition services . Gastrointestinal Nursing 2010. 8(7): 19 – 25.
- Srinivasan R, O’Neill C, Blumenow W, Dalzell AM. Caregivers’ perceptions following percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in children with congenital heart disease. . Cardiol Young. 2009 Aug 25:1-4.
- Srinivasan R, Irvine T, Dalzell AM. “The Indications for Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy and Procedure Related Outcome”. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2009 Nov;49(5):584-8.
- Srinivasan R, Akobeng AK. Thalidomide and thalidomide analogues for induction of remission in Crohn’s disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2009, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD007350. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007350.pub2
- Srinivasan R, Akobeng AK. Glutamine for induction of remission in Crohn’s disease (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD007348. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007348.
- Srinivasan R, Sudheendra S, Cosgrove M, Wagner B, Baker AJ, Portmann B. Co incidental GM1 gangliosidosis in an infant with alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency. JPGN. 2008 ;47(2):196-8.
- NP Iyer, Srinivasan R, Evans K, Ward L, Cheung W, Matthes J. Impact of an early weighing policy on neonatal Hypernatremic dehydration and breast feeding. Arch dis child. 2008; 93: 297-299.
- Srinivasan R, Meyer R, Ramnarayan P, Britto J. Clinical safety of Lactobacillus casei shirota as a probiotic in critically ill children . JPGN 2006; 42(2):171-174.
- Srinivasan R, Hadzic N, Fischer J, Knisely AS. Steatohepatitis and unsuspected micronodular cirrhosis in Dorfman-Chanarin syndrome with documented ABHD5 mutation. J Pediatr. 2004 May; 144(5):662-5.
- Arora RS, Srinivasan R. Is polyethylene glycol safe and effective for chronic constipation in children? Arch Dis Child. 2005 Jun; 90(6):643-646.
- Srinivasan R, Cosgrove M, Huddard S, Evans D. Autoimmune Thyrotoxicosis and Achalasia Cardia. Association or mere coincidence? Indian J Pediatr. 2009 Aug;76(8):850-1.
- Srinivasan R, Menon L, Stevens P, Campbell IA, Alfaham M. Ethnic differences in selective neonatal BCG immunisation: White British children miss out. Thorax 2006; 61: 247-249.
- Menon L, Srinivasan R, Alfaham M. Selective neonatal BCG immunisation in a multiethnic community: poor uptake among White British infants. Commun Dis Public Health. 2004 Dec; 7(4):388
- Srinivasan R, Arora RS. Do well infants born with an isolated single umbilical artery need investigation? Arch. Dis. Child. 2005; 90: 100 – 101.
- Srinivasan R, Yeo TH. Are newer macrolides effective in eradicating carriage of Pertussis? Arch. Dis. Child 2005; 90:322-324.
- Srinivasan .R, Stevens.P. Selective neonatal BCG vaccination: Specialist BCG clinics are an alternative. Acta Paediatrica 2005 May; 94(5): 634 – 635
- Singhi PD, Bansal A, Ramesh S, Khandelwal N, Singhi SC. Predictive value of electroencephalography and computed tomography in childhood non-traumatic coma. Indian J Pediatr. 2005 Jun; 72(6):475-9.
- Bansal A, Singhi SC, Singhi PD, Khandelwal N, Ramesh S. Non traumatic coma. Indian J Pediatr. 2005 Jun; 72(6):467-73.
- Srinivasan R. Pamidronate lines. Indian Pediatrics. 2005; 42:959-96013.
Memberships of Scientific Bodies
- Cochrane Ibd Group
- BSPGHAN – British Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- RCPCH – Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK (Life Fellow)
- Life member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- IAP – Life Member, Indian Academy of Pediatrics