- Name Dr Naveen Polavarapu
- Specialization Medical Gastroenterologist
- e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
- Qualifications MBBS, MRCP(Edin), MRCP (London), FRCP(Gastro), CCST(Gastro)
Awards and Achievements
- Gold medal for the best outgoing student of the college for the year 2001.
- Gold Medals in Final M.B.B.S and First M.B.B.S in the years 2001 and 1997 from University of health sciences, India.
- Gold Medals in Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Gold medal in Physiology, 1997.
- 2 nd prize in All India National Paediatric Quiz in the year 2000
- First class in 12 of the13 subjects in M.B.B.S.
- Cost effectiveness of HALO vs PDT- BSG, UK, 2011.
- “Post ERCP complications” at the NW Deanery Gastroenterology Conference, Windermere, 23rd June 07.
- A pulse of acid or acidified bile salt induces down-regulation of the homeobox gene CDX2 in an intestinal cell line (British Society of Gastroenterology; March 2010)
- Unusual cases of GI bleeding- “Aortioenteric fistula, Splenic artery aneurysm”, 5th North west annual conference 23rd June 07.
- EASL conference, European association of study of Liver disease, London, 4-7th April 2014.
- UEGW, European gastroenterology conference, Berlin, Oct 13th to16th.
- “BSG (British society of Gastroenterology) conference”, Birmingham, March 15th-17th 2011, March 20th to 23rd 2006, Liverpool March 22nd-25th 2010, Glasgow, March 26th to 29th 2007.
- BSG SpR meet- 24th-25th June 2011, Leicester, 10th-11th Sep 2010 London, 14-15th Sep2012 (attending).
- UCL live endoscopy, London 21st-22nd Oct 2011.
- Sheffield endoscopy symposium, Sheffield, 30th Oct 2011.
- 4th and 5th Trent liver research course- Nottingham, 4th Jan 2009 and 25th Jan 2011.
- Frontiers in Hepatology- University college of London, 29th-30th Sep 2010.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th advanced ERCP skills including short wire system, spy glass- Liverpool 2008 and 2009, Manchester 2010.
Research and Publications
Liver in systemic disease chapter, Best practice & Research clinical Gastroenterology, volume 27, 2013- N Polavarapu, D.Tripathi.
Per oral cholangioscopy (Spy glass) experience at tertiary referral hospital, Aintree – N Polavarapu, L.Dwyer, R.Sturgess. Abstract at BSG 2010, Awarded best poster award for 2010.
National study of outcomes for cholangiocarcinoma patients following biliary intervention: Linkage analysis of administrative date for English hospitals- N.Polavarapu, K.Bodger. Abstract at DDF 2012.
Emergency ERCP in critically ill patients is a successful procedure- N Polavarapu, P.Lekharaju, R.Sturgess. Abstracts at DDW 2012 and DDF 2012. Also published in Frontline gastroenterology 2012 journal.
Early Diagnosis of Cholangiocarcinoma: Disease Spectrum, Role of Imaging, and Spy Glass Endoscopy and Radiologic-Pathologic Correlation, N.Polavarapu, A.Katti. Presented at RNSA, Northern American radiology, 2011.
Case report on abnormal LFTs in hypothyroid pt. N Polavarapu, D.Cuthbertson, BMJ journal Jan 2011.
PEXACT as feeding options in Head and Neck cancer patient, Aintree. N.Polavarapu, K.Bowering, R.Sturgess. Abstracts at BSG 2010, DDW 2010).
Cost effectiveness of HALO vs PDT, Aintree. N.Polavarapu, N.Kapoor. Abstract at BSG 2010.
Patient satisfaction in Colonoscopy, Aintree hospital. N.Polavarapu, V.Athwal, S.Sarkar. Abstracts at BSG 2009, DDW 2009).
Endoscopic ablation of dysplastic Barrett’s oesophagus comparing Argon Plasma Coagulation and Photodynamic Therapy: long-term results of a randomised prospective trial. N.Polavarapu, N.Kapoor, K.Bodger. (PLENARY poster BSG 09).
Nutritional Support in intensive care units – National Survey of current practise in the U.K. N.Polavarapu, N.Kapoor, P.O’Toole. Gut 2008.
Rapid Access Upper GI Cancer Service (RAUGICS): Workload, non-attendance and predictive value of referral criteria. N.Polavarapu, N.Kapoor. Gut 2008.
“Post ERCP Complications- N.Polavarapu, H.Dallal. Abstract BSG 2008, North west conf 2007.
2nd and 3rd pilot studies of national IBD audit, was the lead role from Aintree hospital.