- Name Dr.Jayakeerthi.Y Rao
- Specialization Electrophysiologist & Heart Failure Specialist
- e-mail ID email@example.com
- Location Apollo Health City Campus HyderabadAwards and Achievements
- Qualification MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Cardiology), PG in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing (Belgium), PG in Heart Failure (Switzerland)
Awards and Achievements
- B-BRAUN Medical Trust Foundation Scholarship – 2007
- Torrent Young Scholar Award- National first Runner-up- 2008
Publications as First/ Corresponding author:
• Cryoballoon ablation as index procedure for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: long-term results from a single center early experience. Rao JY, Chierchia GB, de Asmundis C, Casado-Arroyo R, Overeinder I, Sarkozy A, Paparella G, Capulzini L, Sorgente A, Rodriguez-Manero M, Ricciardi D, Namdar M, Brugada P. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2013 Jun 10.
• Retrograde trans bioprosthetic aortic valve His ablation Rao JY, Casado-Aroyo R, Wauters K, Brugada P J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2012 Nov;23(11):1262-3.
• Preamature Ventricular contractions from thr outflow tract: 2sides of the same coin!
Rao JY, Sarkozy A, De Asmundis C, Namdar M, Ricciardi D, Bayrak F, Dalili M, Chierchia GB, Brugada P. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2012 Dec;23(12):1395-7.
• A look into Lee’s score: peri-operative cardiovascular risk assessment in non-cardiac surgeries-usefulness of revised cardiac risk index. Rao JY, Yeriswamy MC, Santhosh MJ, Shetty GG, Varghese K, Patil CB, Iyengar SS. Indian Heart J. 2012 Mar-Apr;64(2):134-8
• A Rare Complication of Myocardial Infarction- A New Sign – A case report and literature review. Jayakeerthi Y, Lokesh, Ravindranath K S, Manjunath C N Indian Heart J. 2010 Jul-Aug;62(4):357-
• Cardiac Manifestation of Lymphoma- A case report and literature review. Aravind Prasad, Jayakeerthi Y, Shivanand Patil, Rangaraj R, Anand H K, Manjunath C N Indian Heart J. 2010 Jan-Feb;62(1):72-3
Publications as Co-author:
• Long-Term Trends in Newly Diagnosed Brugada Syndrome: implications for Risk Stratification Casado-Arroyo R, Berne P, Rao JY, Rodriguez-Mañero M, Levinstein M, Conte G, Sieira J, Namdar M, Ricciardi D, Chierchia GB, de Asmundis C, Pappaert G, La Meir M, Wellens F, Brugada J, Brugada P.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016 Aug 9;68(6):614-23
• Added value of transoesophageal echocardiography during transseptal puncture performed by inexperienced operators Fatih Bayrak; Gian-Battista Chierchia; Mehdi Namdar; Yoshinao Yazaki; Andrea Sarkozy; Carlo de Asmundis; Stephan Andreas Muller-Burri; Jayakeerthi Rao; Danilo Ricciardi; Antonio Sorgente; Pedro Brugada. Europace. 2012 May;14(5):661-5
• Value of Electrocardiogram in the Differentiation of Hypertensive Heart Disease, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Aortic Stenosis, Amyloidosis, and Fabry Disease Namdar M, Steffel J, Jetzer S, Schmied C, Hürlimann D, Camici GG, Bayrak F, Ricciardi D, Rao JY, de Asmundis C, Chierchia GB, Sarkozy A, Lüscher TF, Jenni R, Duru F, Brugada P. Am J Cardiol. 2012 Feb 15;109(4):587-93
• Isolating the Pulmonary Veins as First-Line Therapy in Patients with Lone Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation using the Cryoballon Mehdi Namdar; Gian-Battista Chierchia; Sjoerd Westra;Antonio Sorgente;Mark La Meir; Fatih Bayrak; Jayakeerthi Y Rao; Danilo Ricciardi; Carlo de Asmundis; Andrea Sarkozy; Joep Smeets; Pedro Brugada. Europace. 2012 Feb;14(2):197-203
• Prevalence, clinical characteristics and management of atrial fibrillation in patients with Brugada syndrome. Rodríguez-Mañero M, Namdar M, Sarkozy A, Casado-Arroyo R, Ricciardi D, de Asmundis C, Chierchia GB, Wauters K, Rao JY, Bayrak F, Van Malderen S, Brugada P. Am J Cardiol. 2013 Feb 1;111(3):362-7
• Verification of pulmonary vein isolation during single transseptal cryoballoon ablation: a comparison between the classical circular mapping catheter and the inner lumen mapping catheter. Chierchia GB, Namdar M, Sarkozy A, Sorgente A, de Asmundis C, Casado-Arroyo R, Capulzini L, Bayrak F, Rodriguez-Mañero M, Ricciardi D, Rao JY, Overeinder I, Paparella G, Brugada P.Europace. 2012 Dec;14(12):1708-14.
• Early repolarization ECG pattern in patients with ARVC: normal variant? Rodríguez-Mañero M, Sarkozy A, Namdar M, Rao JY, Brugada P.Heart Rhythm. 2012 May;9(5):e11; author reply e11-2.
• Pulmonary vein isolation during cryoballoon ablation using the novel Achieve inner lumen mapping catheter: a feasibility study. Chierchia GB, de Asmundis C, Namdar M, Westra S, Kuniss M, Sarkozy A, Bayrak F, Ricciardi D, Casado-Arroyo R, Rodriguez Manero M, Rao JY, Smeets J, Brugada P.Europace. 2012 Jul;14(7):962-7
• Radiofrequency Ablation Of Accessory Pathways In Children With Complex Congenital Cardiac Lesions: Case Series And A Brief Review. Dalili M, Rao JY, Brugada P. J Tehran Heart Cent. 2013 Apr;8(2):111-5
• Exercise Testing in Children with Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome: What is its value? Dalili M, Vahidshahi K, Aarabi-moghaddam MY,Rao JY, Brugada P- Pediatr Cardiol. 2014 Apr 12.
• Clinical Profile of Ulcerative Colitis. Y Jayakeerthi, NR Rau, R Acharya, Manisha Ganguly JAPI 2002 Vol. 50 (Poster)
• Assessment of Prognosis in Patients with ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction Cherian, Jayakeerthi, Paul, Santosh, Shetty, Varghese, Patil and Iyengar Indian Heart J 2006;58:409 (Oral Presentation)
• TIMI Score in Non- ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction Cherian, Jayakeerthi, Yeriswamy, Santosh, Shetty, Varghese, Patil and Iyengar Indian Heart J 2007 (Abstract)
• Lee’s Score in Perioperative Risk Assessment Jayakeerthi Y, Cherian, Santosh, Shetty, Varghese, Patil and Iyengar Indian Heart J 2006; Vo. 58: page no.490 (Oral Presentation)
• Perioperative cardiovascular events in Non cardiac surgeries – Evaluation of Lee’s Score Jayakeerthi Y, Yeriswamy M C, Santosh M J et al. (Oral Presentation) Indian Heart Journal, Vo. 59 ; No.5, Sept – Oct. 2007 ; page no.415
• Pulmonary Thromboembolism – Our experience Patil C.B, Yeriswamy M.C, Jayakeerthi Y, et al Indian Heart Journal, Vo. 59 ; No.5, Sept – Oct. 2007 ; page no.419
• Clinical Profile and outcome in patients with atrial fibrillation Yeriswamy M.C, Jayakeerthi Y, Cherian George, et al. Indian Heart Journal, Vo. 59 ; No.5, Sept – Oct. 2007 ; page no.420
• Electrocardiographic changes in early recognition of fabry disease M. Namdar, MD, F. Bayrak, MD, Y. Yazaki, MD, Y. Jayakeerthy, MD, C. de Asmundis, MD, A. Sarkozy, MD, G-B. Chierchia, MD and P. Brugada, MD
• Diagnostic performance of simple ECG-parameters in the assessment of Diastolic dysfunction M. Namdar, MD, A. Sorgente, MD, F. Bayrak, MD, Y. Yazaki, MD, Y. Jayakeerthi, MD, C. de Asmunis, MD, G-B. Chierchia, MD, A. Sarkozy, MD and P. Brugada, MD, PhD Heart Rhythm Management Centre, UZB Brussels
• Incidence of pericardial effusion following cryoballoon ablation for atrial fibrillation in a substantial cohort of patients G-B. Chierchia MD, L. Capulzini MD, A. Sarkozy MD, G. Paparella MD, C. De Asmundis MD, M. Namdar MD, F. Bayrak MD, A. Sorgente MD, Y. Yazaki MD, Y. Jayakeerthi and P. Brugada MD, PhD. Heart Rhythm Management Center, UZ brussel -VUB, Belgium
• Anatomical extension of pulmonary vein isolation after cryoballoon ablation for atrial fibrillation: comparison between the 23 mm and 28 mm balloon G-B. Chierchia MD, C. de Asmundis MD, A. Sarkozy MD, Y. Yazaki MD, F. Bayrak MD, A. Sorgente MD, M. Namdar MD, G. Paparella MD, J. Rao MD, P. Brugada MD. PhD. Heart Rhythm Management Center, UZ Brussel-VUB Brussels, Belgium
• Additive value of routine transesophageal echocardiography during classical fluoroscopical transseptal puncture in the setting of pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation Bayrak F MD, Chierchia GB MD, Yazaki Y MD , Sorgente A MD , Namdar M MD,Jayakeerthi Y MD, Sarkozy A MD, de Asmundis C MD , Brugada P MD,PhD. Heart Rhythm Management Center, UZ Brussels-VUB, Belgium
- Presently Working in Apollo Hospitals Jublee hills since last Assignment
- Director- Cardiac Electrophysiology- Maxcure Hospitals, India
- Consultant Cardiac Electrophysiologist- Fortis Hospitals, Cunningham Road, Bangalore
- Consultant Cardiac Electrophysiologist- Sunshine Hospitals, Hyderabad
- June 2010 till May 2012- Post-graduation in Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing- Heart Rhythm Management Center, UZ Brussel, VUB, Belgium
- October 2008 to April 2010- Assistant Professor- Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore, India
- June 2005 to July 2008- Super-specialization DM (Cardiology)- St. John’s Medical College Hospital, Bangalore, India
- September 2004 to May 2005- Physician- Manipal Hospital, Tumkur, India
- Performed a large number of cases under the guidance of eminent personalities in the field of electrophysiology during my training. Trained in the entire gamut of interventional electrophysiology.
- Performed about 550+ procedures including radiofrequency ablations (both conventional and with 3D mapping), pacemaker implantations, Defibrillator implantations and HF device implantaitons during the last 4 years.
- Trained in advanced Heart Failure care including patients eligible for cardiac transplantation.