- Name Dr. Arsheed Hussain Hakeem
- Specialization Head and Neck Oncology.
- e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
- Qualifications MBBS, M S (ENT)
Dr. Arsheed is head and neck oncologist with more than eight years of experience in the surgical treatment of benign and malignant tumors in the head and neck area,including tumors of the mouth, oropharynx, larynx, hypopharynx, paranasal sinuses,skull base, thyroid, parathyroid, major and minor salivary glands as well as tumors of the soft tissues.
Before joining Apollo cancer hospital he has worked as consultant head and neck oncologist/surgeon in hospitals like Lakeshore Hospital (Kochi) , Fortis Hospital (Mumbai), Prince Aly Khan Hospital( Mumbai).He has been actively involved in teaching and training of DNB super specialty (Oncosurgery) candidates, ENT and Surgery -post graduate students using interactive discussions and hands-on approach to learn and apply concepts in head and neck oncology. He has helped in establishing head and neck oncology as sub subspecialty in ENT departments of LMT an BLY Nair Municipal Medical Colleges in Mumbai as part of the outreach program.
His keen interest in the subject is reflected by more than 40 publications on head and neck cancers in reputed national and international journals. He has presented his research work in national and international forums. He has also been trained in Asia’s leading cancer center, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan in Head and Neck Surgery and micro vascular reconstruction. He has worked as team member and course coordinator for numerous surgeries on laryngotracheal framework conducted by Prof Phillip Monnier (university of Lausane) in Prince Aly Khan Hospital , Mumbai.His has special interest in open conservative laryngeal surgery,CO2 laser microsurgery, thyroid, parotid and skull base surgery.
1. Hakeem AH, Hakeem IH.Aggressive monophasic synovial sarcoma involving sublingual gland: First case.Natl J Maxillofac Surg. 2013;4:239-41.
2. Hakeem AH, Hakeem IH, Pradhan SA, Hathiram B, Khattar VS.Papillary carcinoma in a thyroglossal duct cyst with concurrent thyroid micro-carcinoma and neck nodal metastases.Indian J Surg Oncol. 2013;4:229-32.
3. Hakeem AH, Hazarika B, Hakeem IH.Clear cell myoepithelioma of the hard palate.Ann Saudi Med. 2013;33:492-4
4. Hakeem AH, Hakeem IH. Juvenile ossifying fibroma of paranasal sinuses-do we need to be radical in surgery? J Craniofac Surg. 2013;24:e257-8
5. Hakeem AH, Tubachi J, Pradhan SA.Significance of anterior commissure involvement in early glottic squamous cell carcinoma treated with trans-oral CO2 laser microsurgery.Laryngoscope. 2013;123:1912-7
6. Hakeem AH, Pradhan SA, Tubachi J, Kannan R.Outcome of per oral wide excision of T1-2 N0 localized squamous cell cancer of the buccal mucosa–analysis of 156 cases.Laryngoscope. 2013;123:177-80
7. Hakeem AH, Pradhan SA, Bhele S, Tubachi J.Metastasis of papillary thyroid cancer to the larynx and pharynx: unusual case report.
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2012;269:2585-7.
8. Hakeem AH, Hakeem IH.Intraoral sublabial approach for anterior skull base juvenile ossifying fibroma.J Craniofac Surg. 2011;22:1976-7.
9. Pradhan S, Mehta M, Hakeem A, Tubachi J, Kannan R. Transoral resection of laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancers. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2010;1:207-11.
10. Hakeem AH, Hazarika B, Pradhan SA, Kannan R.Primary pleomorphic adenoma of minor salivary gland in the parapharyngeal space.World J Surg Oncol. 2009;12;7:85.
11. Tubachi J, Hakeem AH, Pradeep DC, Nayak P. Surgical Management of Parapharyngeal Abscess.ORL Clinics: An International Journal 2012 ;3:122-124.
12. Hakeem AH, Hazarika B, Pradhan SA, Kannan R. Amyloidosis tongue: A case report and review of literature . Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2010;62:1–4.
13. Hazarika B, Pradhan SA, Hakeem H.Malignant Eccrine Poroma of the Neck – A Clinical report. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2010. 62 :7–8.
14. Hakeem AH,Hakeem IH, Garg A. Rehabilitation after total laryngectomy –An overview. ORL Clinics: An International Journal 2010;2:223-229.
15. Mehta M, Hakeem AH, Tubachi J, Pradhan SA.CO2 Laser Surgery for Early Laryngeal and Hypopharyngeal Cancer.ORL Clinics: An International Journal 2010 ;2:241-246.
16. Hakeem AH, Hakeem IH, PRadhan SA. Premalignant lesions of the larynx and their management. ORL Clinics: An International Journal, 2010;2:161-165.
17. Hakeem AH, Tubachi J, Kumar R, Pawar S.Malignant transformation of non-irradiated recurrent juvenile laryngeal papillomatosis – a case report. ORL Clinics: An International Journal, 2010;2:259-261.
18. Hakeem AH, Pradhan SA Office Assessment of Patient with Head and Neck Cancer.ORL Clinics : An International journal, 2010; 2(1):1-5.
19. Hakeem AH, Pradhan.Management of Head and Neck Cancer: Surgical and Non Surgical.ORL Clinics: An International journal, 2010; 2(1):77-85.
20. Pampori R, Hakeem A. Hydatid Cyst in the Neck – An Unusual Presentation. JK –Practitioner Vol. 10; No 2, April- June 2003.
21. Pampori R , Hakeem A. Radical Vs Conservative Approach for the Orbital lesions.JK- Practitioner Vol 13 ; No.1 , Jan- Mar 2006.