- Name Dr.E.C. Vinaya Kumar
- Specialization ENT Surgeon, Cochlear Implant Surgeon
- e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
- Qualifications MBBS; DLO; MS (ENT)
Dr. E.C.Vinaya Kumar, M.B.B.S, D.L.O., M.S. (ENT) is currently Head, department of Ear, Nose, Throat and Head & Neck Surgery, Coordinator for Apollo cochlear implant clinic at Apollo hospitals, Hyderabad, AP. His other present positions include Founder member and secretary to Society to Aid the Hearing Impaired (SAHI), Advisory board member to Sri Vidhya’s center for special children, Advisory panel of Doctors to Global Aids Rehabilitation centre and run his private clinic in Hyderabad. Previous positions include President, Cochlear Implant Group of India (CIGI), Committee member for Rajiv Aarogyasree scheme, visiting ENT surgeon at south central railway hospital and Durgabhaideshmukh hospital.
He is member in various medical professional bodies like American academy of otolaryngology, head & neck surgery, Association of Otolaryngologists of India (AOI), Indian otological society, Indian Rhinology Society, Indian society of Laryngology, Cochlear implant group of India (CIGI).
Few of Major Achievements by Dr. E.C.Vinaya Kumar are as follows
- First one to start cochlear implant program in South India in 1994. Till date he has undertaken cochlear implant surgery for over 800 children and adults, which is highest in the country for a single clinic.
- “Philonthropy award” by Australian Government, NSW in 2012
- Limca book of world record for highest number of cochlear implant surgeries (18) in a single day
- Responsible to bring free cochlear implant surgery under Rajiv Aarogyasree community health Insurance scheme.
- Selected as a Key opinion leader for all cochlear implant companies to train professionals in the field of cochlear implant surgery
- First one to start Snoring Clinic in the country in 1989.
- He is also recognized for the pioneering work with rhinoplasty, anterior skull base endoscopic surgery, and bone anchored hearing implants.
- Awarded “Vaidya Rathna” by Megacity kalavedika, 2011
- Elected as a President for Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Andhra Pradesh branch in 2005
- He attended several training courses in India and abroad and also served as a guest faculty in various national and International conferences, training workshops.
- Trained several post graduates in the field of ENT.
- Successfully organized 7th Annual conference of cochlear implant group of India (CIGICON-2009) held in Hyderabad, 2009 as Chairman of the organising committee and also organized International Asia Pacific Symposium & on Cochlear Implants & Related Sciences in 2013 for the first time in India.
- Selected as a Key opinion leader for India, Certified Cochlear implant surgery mentor for India.
- Dr. Vinaya kumar is often asked to present his scientific studies at various national and international conferences in the field of otolaryngology and speech & Hearing Sciences.
- He has written a monograph on cochlear implants
- Published several scientific articles in national and international journals like International conference on snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome proceedings book, Journal of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck surgery, Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Presented scientific papers at various conferences in India and abroad, notably at Asia Pacific symposium on cochlear implants and related sciences at Singapore, India; British Academy Conference in Otolaryngology at Manchester, UK, World Conference in OSAS at Rome, Italy, International conference on snoring and sleep apnoea syndrome at Italy. American Radiological society annual conference, USA, American Speech & Hearing association annual convention, Cochlear Implant group of India annual conferences and International Symposium on Audiological Medicine, International conference on cochlear implant and related Sciences, Baltimore.
- By appreciating his social work Hon. Chief minister Late Dr. Y. S. Rajashekhar reddy felicitated him on children’s day celebrations, 2008
- By appreciating his professional work AOI-AP Branch, AOI-North Coastal branch, AOI-Hyderbad branch, AOI-Tamilnadu branch. Kurnool ENT association, Vizag ENT association, ISAM, several other professional organization felicitated him during the conferences.