- Name Dr. Manoj Agarwala
- Specialization Interventional Cardiology and Endovascular Specialist
- e-mail ID email@example.com
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
- Qualifications MBBS; MD (PGI), DM (PGI), FACC, FACAI
- Specialisation Interventional Cardiology
He is a member/fellow of the American College of Cardiology and Cardiology Society of India, International Society of Endovascular Specialist, apart from various other associations. Dr. Manoj has interest in continuously updating with current happenings in the world of Cardiology. He published several papers in various international journals of repute. Dr. Manoj has teaching exposure in Internal Medicine and Cardiology at P.G.I. Chandigarh and is involved since 2001 in teaching Cardiology for DNB Candidates.
Coordinator Department of Cardiology. Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad.
Dr. Manoj is trained in and uses the latest technologies, many of which were developed in the last few years. To his credit he has seen more than 40,000 patients,treated patients of Acute Cardiac emergencies including AMI, Unstable angina, Heart failure, Arrhythmias, Cardiac tamponade, Pulmonary Embolism limb ischemia etc. He has independently performed more than 7000 Cardiac Catheterizations and 4000 cardiac interventions.
In last few years, he has done more than 3500 complex angioplasties including Left Main, TVDs, Bifurcations, CTOs, Post By-Pass Interventions and Primary Angioplasty. Dr. Manoj has special interest in Carotid and Peripheral vascular Interventions.
SOME OF THE PROCEDURES WHICH DR.MANOJ DOES ON A REGULAR BASIS ARE:
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting.
- Renal Angioplasty & Stenting
- Venous Angioplasty & Stenting
- Carotid and Peripheral Vascular Interventions.
- Implantation of ICD
- Pacemaker Implantation including CRT
- Aortic Stent Grafts.
- Device Closure for ASD, PDA
- IVC Filter Implantation.
1. Agarwala MK, Singh M, Juneja R, Grover A, Verma JS. Coronary artery neovascularisation in chronic constrictive pericarditis. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 1997; 5: 184-185.
2. Singh Mandeep, Agarwala Manoj Kumar, Juneja Rajnish, Reserpine induced complete heart block. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 1998; 6(1):64-65.
3. Agarwala Manoj K, Singh Mandeep, Grover Anil, Verma Jagmohan S. Balloon Mitral Valvotomy in a pregnant patient with anomalous course of inferior vena cava. Asian Cardiovasc thorac Ann-1998; 6(3):227-228.
4. Singh Mandeep, Agarwala Manoj K, Grover Anil, Pathak Vijay, Varma Jagmohan S. Clinical, echocardiographic and angiographic profile of patients with double chambered right ventricle. Experience with 48 cases. Angiology. 1999; 50(3) 223-231
5. Agarwala Manoj K, Singh Mandeep, Grover Anil, Varma Jagmohan, Pathak Vijay; Double outlet right ventricle coexisting with double chambered right ventricle – A profile of seven cases. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac ann. 1999; 7(2) 111-114
6. PC Rath, NK. Panigrahi, Agarwala MK, NK.Das, R. Venkateswarlu – Coil Embolization of a Gaint Atherosclerotic Coronary artery Aneurysm. Journal of Invasive Cardiology. 1999; 11(9) 559-562.
7. Bali HK, Agarwala MK, Jain AK, Kumar N, Jetley V. De novo stenting of thoracic aorta in Takayasu’s Arteritis – Initial experience (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal 1997; 49; 161.
8. Agarwala MK. Singh Mandeep, Grover Anil. A case of double chambered right ventricle. Documentation. Journal of Association of Physicians of India 1998; 46; 660.
9. T Deb. V Dixit, R Prasad, PC Rath, PS Rao, S. Chandra, R Chakraborthy, MK Agarwala et al. Post operative angiographic study of radial artery in 54 patients (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999, 51:504.
10. PC Rath, MK Agarwala, T. Deb, et al. Stenting without predilatation: Our experience (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal
Dec. 1999, 51: 26.
11. T Deb, PC Rath, PS Rao, S. Chandra, R Chakraborthy, MK Agarwala, et al. ReoPro plus stenting: Pushing the envelope of clinical applications for acute/chronic coronary interventions (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec.1999, 51:41.
12. T Deb, PC Rath, PS Rao, S Chandra, R Chakraborthy, MK Agarwala et al. Early results of stenting in small vessels: Is it a small world after all? (Abstract) Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999, 51:42.
13. T. Deb. PC Rath, S Chandra, R Chakrabarty, MK Agarwala et al. Comparison of in hospital outcomes between a primary stenting strategy and primary fibrinolytic therapy in patients presenting with acute Myocardial Infarction. (Abstract) Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999, 51:47.
14. PS Rao, Shivkumar, Pramod Kumar, PC Rath, MK Agarwala et al: Angioplasty and stenting in total occlusions (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999, 51:103.
15. PC Rath, MK Agarwala, T. Deb et al: Percutaneous transmyocardial revascularisation: 1 year follow up (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999 51:172.
16. T Deb, J. Venkateshwarulu, LT Kishore, BS Reddy, PC Rath, PS Rao, S Chandra, R Chakraborthy, MK Agarwala et al. Angioplasty and stenting of the internal carotid artery (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999, 51:391.
17. T Deb. J Venkateshwaruly, LT Kishore, BS Reddy, PC Rath, PS Rao, S Chandra, R Chakraborthy, MK Agarwala et al. Stent supported percutaneous angioplasty in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease of the lower limb: Preliminary results in a cohort of elderly, high risk patients (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999, 51:402.
18. PC Rath, MK Agarwala, T Deb et al. Renal artery involvement in patients of CAD undergoing coronary Angiography. A prospective study (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999 51: 479.
19. T.Deb, PC Rath, PS Rao, S. Chandra, MK Agarwala, et al: Is Increased Stent Utilisation Associated with Improved Outcomes for PTCA Patients? Analysis of Major Adverse Events in a Large Unselected Population (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 1999 51: 13.
20 Rath P.C., Agarwala M.K., Das N.K., Deb T, et al. Coronary Stenting without predilatation : An observational study. Indian Heart Journal. Vol. 52, Feb 2000,45-49.
21. Rath PC, MK Agarwala. Percutaneous Mitral Commissurotomy with metal dilator. Millennium update Cardiology 1999.
22. Rath P.C., M.K. Agarwala Percutaneous Transluminal Myocardial laser Revascularisation. An Overview: Coronary Interventions 2000 Editor Dr. U. Kaul invited article.
23. PC Rath, MK Agarwala. In-Stent Restenosis: An Overview. Journal of the Indian College of Cardiology. Vol.1; Oct.2000;33-40.
24. PC Rath, MK Agarwala. J Venkateswarlu, P.K. Dhar, N.K. Das: Carotid Angioplasty under Cerebral Protection with “Percusurge Guardwire”. Indian Heart Journal, Vol. 52; July 2000:461-463
25. PC Rath, MK Agarwala Percutaneous Transluminal Myocardial Revascularisation: Current Status and Future Perspectives. Journal of the Indian Medical Association. Vol98; Nov. 2000: 715-716
26. PC Rath, MK Agarwala, PK Dhar, et al. Shinobi Wire for Recanalisation of Chronic Total Occlusion (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2000; 52(6) :14.
27. T.Deb, PC Rath, R. Chakraborty, MK Agarwala et al. Cutting Balloon Coronary and Renal Angioplasty – Initial Clinical Experience (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2000; 52(6) :44.
28. R.Chakraborty, PC Rath, MK Agarwala et al. Corocoroplasty: Combined Carotid and Coronary Angioplasty (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2000; 52(6):86.
29. PC Rath, MK Agarwala, PK Dhar et al. Carotid Angioplasty Under Cerebral Protection with “PercuSurge Guardwire”(Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2000; 52(6)90.
30. PC Rath, PK Dhar, MK Agarwala et al. Direct Stenting in Aortocoronary Saphenous Venous Bypass Grafts and Immediate Outcome (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2000;52(6) 127.
31. PC Rath, PK Dhar, MK Agarwala et al. Carotid Artery Involvement in Patients of Coronary Artery Disease Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting – A Retrospective Study (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2000; 52(6) 182.
32. PC Rath, MK Agarwala, PK Dhar. Bilateral Coronary Injections during Chronic Total Occlusion Interventions (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2000; 52(6) 479.
33. T Deb, PC Rath, R Chakraborty, MK Agarwala. Immediate Results and Six Months Follow-up After Intracoronary Tenax-Stent Implantation (Abstract). Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2000; 52(6) 513.
34. PC Rath. MK Agarwala. Platelet Glycoprotein iib/iiia Receptor Inhibitor therapy in Acute Coronary Syndromes. Medicine update, volume 2, 2001(Association of physicians of India); 550-558.
35. PC Rath, MK Agarwala, PK Dhar et al. Renal Artery Involvement in Patients of Coronary Artery Disease Undergoing Coronary Angiography – A Prospective Study. Journal of Association of Physicians of India Vol. 50 April 2002; 523 – 526.
36. Rath P.C., Agarwala Manoj et al. Carotid artery involvement in Patients of Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery disease undergoing coronary Bypass grafting. Indian Heart Journal Dec. 2001; 53: 761-765.
37. PC Rath, G. Lakshmi, MK Agarwala et al. Carotid artery stenting with Filter Protection. Indian Heart Journal May – June 2003; 55: 241-244.
38. P. Sridhar, PC Rath, M Agarwala et al. Impact of Distal Protection Device on the Immediate and Long – Term outcome of Patients undergoing Angioplasty for Old, Degenerated Saphenous Venous Graft Disease (Abstract) Indian Heart Journal Sept-Oct 2003; 55: 456.
39. M Agarwala, PC Rath, S.K Sharma et al. Carotid Artery Stenting: Utility of Cerebral Protection (Abstract) Indian Heart Journal, Sept-Oct 2003; 55: 571.
40.C. Chandra Sekhar, Parveen Jindal, V. Guru Karna, Manoj Aggarwala, Soma Sekhar Cholestrol Emboli Syndrome: Acute Renal Insufficiency After a Procedure or a Thrombolytic Therapy or Anticoagulant Therapy. Indian Journal of Surgery October 2012. (DOI) 10.1007/s12262-012-0669-3:
41.Krupal Reddy, P.C.Rath, Md Abdul Azeez Asad, Manoj K.Agarwala – Primary angioplasty for young adults(less than 35 years of age) with acute myocardial infarction – clinical profile and outcome. Indian Heart Journal, Volume 65, Supplement 1 (S 10), December 2013.
42. Md.Abdul Azeez Asad, Krupal Reddy, Manoj K.Agarwala – Reduction in elevated pulmonary artery systolic pressure after thrombolysis with tenecteplase in acute pulmonary embolism. Indian Heart Journal, Volume 65, Supplement 1 (S88), December 2013.
43. Md.Abdul Azeez Asad, Krupal reddy, Manoj.K.Agarwala – Optical coherence tomography (OCT) guided deployment of ABSORB biovascular scaffolds in percutaneous coronary interventions. Indian Heart Journal, Volume 65, Supplement 1 (S 89), December 2013.
44. Pratap Chandra Rath, Krupal Reddy, Manoj.K.Agarwal – Optical coherence tomography guided PCI – initial experience at Apollo Health city, Jubilee hills, Hyderabad. Volume 66, 2014 (31 – 37)