- Name Dr.Vijay Dikshit
- Specialization Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- e-mail ID email@example.com
- Location Apollo Health City Campus Hyderabad
- Qualifications MBBS , M.S. (Surgery), M.Ch (Thoracic Surgery)
Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Open Heart Operations which include – Coronary Bypass Surgeries, Heart Valve Surgeries including, Valve Replacements & Valve Repair Operations, Correction of Congenital Cardiac Defects, Miscellaneous Cardiac Operations like Cardiac tumors, etc.
- Residency in Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgery – G.M. Associated Hospital, Lucknow
- A.M.O. Cardiac Surgery, Railway Hospital Perambur 1981-1982.
- K.G. Medical College, Lucknow- 1982-84 as Lecturer, Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery.
- Consultant – Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgeon, Apollo Hospitals, Madras – 1984 – 1991.
Awards and Recognitions
1) FIE National Award in 1994 from Dr. Man Mohan Singh.
2) Ramakrishna Mission honored for dedicated service to humanity.
3) Facilitated by Medtronic Inc. USA for achieving 5000 Open Heart Surgeries in year 2000.
4) Facilitated by Apollo Hospitals Chairman Dr. Pratap C Reddy for performing 10000 Open Heart surgeries at Apollo Group.
5) The experience of independently performing over 8000 Open HeartOperations together with the experience of over 6000 Open Heart Operations in association with
Dr. Girinath at Apollo Hospitals, Madras makes one of the largest experience of Open Heart Surgery in India.
6) 1991 – 1993 performed 362 Consecutive Coronary Bypass. Surgeries without any mortality or serious complication. A record performance of that time.
7) Has the experience of highest member of Mitral Valve Replacement Operation with Complete Chordal Preservation & Artificial Chordal Reconstruction. This is one of the latest techniques of Mitral Valve surgery.
Presented this work in the Annual Conference of Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery held at Madras in February 2002.
8) Performed first time in South India, the operation of Thoracoscopic Closure of Patient Ductus Arteriosus, on a six year old male child in 1996.
9) One of the first users and now have the largest experience in using Stentless Bioprosthetic Valve Replacement Surgery for Aortic Valve disease in India. This is the state of the art Tissue Heart Valve not yet commonly used in India in other Cardiac surgery centres.
10) Successfully performed the Emergency Cardiac Surgery on a 2 days old infant, suffering from severe complex Congenital Heart Disease. The child had 2nd Corrective surgery at the age of 8 months and again of the age of 4 years for complete cardiac correction.